Sunday, May 02, 2004

Work, work, work
Writing a book is real work. I sat down this morning with my laptop and a full battery charge. Here I am about 5 hours later, and 27 percent of a charge left. Oh, and I have some material to show for it. As I write sections to this book, new ideas keep popping into my head and I am writing them all down.

My first thought is to devide the book into two equal halves. One half will be strictly for entertainment value, while the other half will be a "how to" on invading networks. From there, I have a pile of ideas that may or may not develop into sections of the book.

This morning I sat down and wrote a chapter on my iBook. I want people to see why I bought this laptop, why it's a great Wardriving tool, and how I modified it to make my Wardriving results better. It's also packed with pictures of my laptop as I have modified it over the past few months.

What I am missing now is the actual Wardriving. I need put aside some time that I can go out with my laptop and a couple hours to blow so I can gather some fun new material. In the meantime I will organize the educational stuff, etc. It's certainly a work in progress.

I was planning on putting together a mailing list for those who are interested in this book. But then, I don't really need one. This Blog serves that purpose. Once this book goes 'live' I will set up a website for those who have bought the book (or people that have followed my adventures in the past), and they can continue to get free updates, and new adventures as they happen. Sort of a free update to an ongoing book of adventures. That's the idea anyway. Then I figure I could always print a new copy of the book, but if you bought the book from a year ago, you could just go read the new stuff online.

So what do you all think? Leave me some comments beyotches.

No comments:

Post a Comment