Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Time Warners Customer Service Sucks

I hate that my favorite channel, G4, looks like utter shit on my uber high quality HDTV. I pay all sorts of money to have the benefits of a digital signal broadcast in "true HD" so that I can watch CNN with borders ("this is HD!") and reruns of friends with black stripes down the side. Awesome.

So far, the only show I have watched that was actually recorded and broadcast in HD is American Idol. And I hate American Idol.

Filing a complaint with Time Warner is hopeless. Even if you get to that "I'm canceling my service" point, they really, REALLY, don't give a fuck. That said, I sent them an angry note about how shitty G4 looks.

Category of Your Question: Cable/Video Questions
Comment/Question: Why does G4 look like crap? It's the only channel I tune into religiously, and
it's a total waste of a digital box. I don't expect HD quality, but this station comes in like it
was filtered through an 8-bit game system. When there are close-ups of hosts, their freckles and
pimples seem to scatter around on their faces.

I realize that you are Time Warner, and this is a Comcast channel. But you can't tell me that they
send the feed to you in this condition.


And the awesome reply that I got back:
Thank you for contacting Time Warner Cable Email Support.

I understand that the picture quality of the G4 channel is not as desired.

I apologize for the inconvenience.

I do understand your concern and will address the issue to the best of my ability.

I do under the frustration and be rest assured that the G4 being a Comcast channel has nothing to do
with the picture quality.

I have checked the signal strength of the cable modem. The signal strengths are within our
acceptable levels.

I have refreshed the signals from our end. Please reset the cable box (digital receiver). To reset
your digital receiver, unplug the power supply from the back of the receiver for at least 30
seconds. This will force the receiver to reset. If this does not resolve your issue please let us
know and we will be happy to assist you in any way possible.

We value you as a customer.

If you have any further questions or concerns, please feel free to E-mail us again or contact our
Live Chat at the following link:
http://www.timewarnercable.com/CustomerService/chat/chat.ashx

Customer Support is available 24/7.

Sincerely,
Ron

Time Warner Cable Online Customer Service


The only element of this email that wasn't form-letter driven was the badly written part that needs a fucktard translator to fully understand: "I do under the frustration and be rest assured that the G4 being a Comcast channel has nothing to do with the picture quality".

Customer service for cable companies these days is a fucking joke. It's like the old character that Lily Tomlin used to do - "we don't care, we don't have to, we're the phone company". Direct TV has a good thing going with all the brainless CEO's sitting around the board room table talking about how they can get rid of angry customers, or confuse them to keep them around.

No comments:

Post a Comment