Wednesday, August 11, 2004

Things To Do When ...
I was studying all morning and early afternoon for my next exam, and suddenly I came to a crashing halt. I was bored out of my fucking mind. About this time, Randy, who was sitting behind me said "damn I'm bored". He too had been readin exam questions all damn day. So I decided to compile a things you can do when you are tired of studying. These activities kept me busy for about two and a half hours.

  • iTunes Party - Thats right, you can throw your own iTunes party. One of the new iTunes features lets you create a "party shuffle". It basically randomly draws 15 or so songs and gets them ready to play. You can stare in amazement as it pulls the worst songs from your collection and puts them side by side. They should name this feature "Retarded DJ".
  • Search For Wallpaper - I know you have done this. Scour the Internet looking for Wallpaper that looks 'cool'. You will probably waste at least 20 minutes, and end up deciding you didn't really want your desktop to look 'hip' anyway. Although, Randy and I agreed, Rodney Dangerfield looked pretty damn nice on his Windows 2003 Server.
  • Read Maddox - For those of you who are not familiar, Maddox is a raving, ranting angry web user. He tends to illustrate his rants with hand drawn ms-paint graphics and cut and paste photos. After a few months, there was plenty of new material to read, and the hate mail there is great entertainment. This is good for hours of entertainment. Check out his site.
  • Read Your Email - Actually, this activity should be called 'check your email'. If you aren't expecting any mail, you can click the "Send/Recieve" button and wonder if you will get some SPAM. It's a bit like playing craps. This might entertain you for 30 seconds.
  • Watch Videos - The conversation starts with talking about 'offensive videos' and leads to "have you ever seen Prodigy's Smack My Bitch Up"? Randy had not, and so we downloaded it and watched it. Randy agreed, it's the most offensive music video ever.
  • Canned Air Shenanigans - Did you know that if you turn canned air upside-down, freezing air shoots out? We struggled to find something fun to do with the effect, but drew a blank. We threatened to give each other frost bite, and looked for something else to do.


I think that gives you a good idea of how bored we were. Guess what I will be doing tomorrow? Yeah, studying. I think I will work on my buddy's web site if I can't stay focused. I REALLY need to just put my head into the books, and get this exam taken. Once I pass this next one, I will be a Microsoft Certified System Administrator. Oh yeah, I know you're jealous.

Current Mood: Bored!!
Musical Inspiration: I still like Postal Service (it rocks)


Historic Comments
I, too, am familiar with the intrigue that is canned air. I gave myself frostbite with it once. I think I still have the mark.
NEUR0 | Homepage | 08.12.04 - 10:02 am | #

Spray the canned air upside on your penis to remove genital warts. Also, did you know urine is sterile? You can drink it.
Phrighty | 08.12.04 - 4:12 pm | #

can we get the link to this rodney dangerfield wallpaper? and yes, maddox does indeed pwn
tRiBaLmUnKy | 08.12.04 - 4:51 pm | #

Ray you locked me out of your server you bastard!

I email me and I will give you an advance link to SP2 in case you don't have it already.
conundrum | 08.12.04 - 10:10 pm | #

No comments:

Post a Comment