Thursday, September 09, 2004

Study, Study, Study
I woke up this morning to my alarm clock at 6:45AM and went right back to sleep. Some time after eight my wife came back into the bedroom and said "you realize it's after eight right?". I replied "yep!", and then I went back to sleep. About nine o' clock I got up and ate some cereal, and choked down some coffee. My wife asked if I was going in late, and I said "nope! ... I'm not going in at all!".

Yesterday I snuck around the office all day looking for a good place to sit and study. But it's really hard to study at work. I have found that the other instructors barely show up at all to work when they are not teaching, so why should I? I didn't even shower until about 11:00AM.

I can't say it was an enjoyable day off. I have been reading over practice questions all damned day getting ready for the big test. I hate all this studying. There are so many other things I would rather be working on. I think when I began studying for my MCSE I was all for it. I believed in my heart that I would be rewarded for my hard work. Now, I seriously doubt I will. I will be teaching more, and making the company more money. But I myself, will still be $100 short on my bills every month.

I have decided that after my exam tomorrow (whether I pass or fail) I am going to find a quiet corner with my laptop and work on my book the rest of the day. Enough is enough with this shit.

Current Mood: Burnt Out *again*
Musical Inspiration: The Propellerheads

No comments:

Post a Comment